I am a CNRS researcher in the Love team at the LIPN.
Previously, I was post-doc with Assia Mahboubi, at Inria Gallinette. Before that, I did my PhD thesis at IRIF, under the direction of Thomas Ehrhard.
Here's a short CV.
My research is motivated by the gap between the theory programming languages and the applications of programming languages to continuous mathematics. It lies at the interface of Logic, Formal Proofs and Functional Analysis. I am a happy participant to the Math-Comp Analysis project. I am a member of the ANR ∂IFFERENCE (starting in 2020) and Nuscap (starting in 2021).
- I'm part of the PC for CSL 2024 . Please consider submitting a paper! Submission deadline is July 31st, 2023 AoE, and the conference will be located in Naples in February 2024.
- Two abstracts on which I collaborated were accepted to the TLLA2023 Workshop : an abstract summarizing our joint paper with Mirwasser and Breuvart, and a collaborative work with Valentin Maestracci and Morgan Rogers on functorials models of DiLL (preprint).
- I'll be giving an invited talk to the TYPES Symposium in June 2023.
- Our preprint with Simon Mirwasser and Flavien Breuvart has been accepted to FSCD 2023. Final version coming soon.
- Our preprint with JS Pacaud Lemay has been accepted to LICS 2023. Final version coming soon.
- I'll be giving an invited talk to a special session on proof theory at the Computability in Europe conference in July 2023.
- I'll be giving an invited talk to the Women in Logic Workshop in July 2023.
- Our new preprint in collaboration with Simon Mirwasser and Flavien Breuvart is now online. This work relate previous logical work on LPDEs with graded linear logics, thus correcting and generalizing the former.
- Our new preprint in collaboration with Jean-Simon Pacaud Lemay is available online. This work introduces denotational codigging, making DiLL symmetrical and Taylor exponentiation a monad.
- I gave an invited talk to the Journées Nationales du Gdr-IM in Paris in April 2023 (slides).
- I gave an invited talk at the Gt-Scalp days at the CIRM in February 2023.
- Our team Love at the LIPN is hiring an Associate Professor this year. Come and join us! Details here .
- With Paul Blain Levy, we are co-chairing MFPS 2023 Program Commitee. Submission deadline is March 31st, please consider submitting your best work !
Students and Interships
I am always happy to work with students, and have access to grants for interns and PhD students. Please do not hesitate to contact me !
I'm also happy to supervise formalizations projets in Coq.
- Unifying Graded Linear Logic and Differential Operators, with Simon Mirwasser and Flavien Breuvart, FSCD 2023. preprint
- Taylor Expansion as a Monad in Models of DiLL, with Jean-Simon Pacaud Lemay, LICS 2023. preprint .
- Utilisation des assistants de preuves pour l’enseignement en L1 with Frédéric Le Roux, Patrick Massot, Micaela Mayero, Zoé Mesnil, Simon Modeste, Julien Narboux, Pierre Rousselin, published in La gazette des mathématiciens in 2022, preprint
- Competing inheritance paths in dependent type theory: a case study in functional analysis, with Reynald Affeldt, Cyril Cohen, Assia Mahboubi, Damien Rouhling and Kazuhiko Sakaguchi, accepted at IJCAR 2020 (conference). preprint
- Models of Linear Logic based on the Schwartz ε-product, with Yoann Dabrowski, 82 pages, 2020, published in Theory and Applications of Categories (journal). preprint .
- Chiralités et exponentielles: un peu de différentiation, with Ésaïe Bauer, JFLA 2019 (national conference). preprint
- Higher-order distributions for Differential Linear Logic, with Jean-Simon Lemay, published at Fossacs 2019 (conference). preprint.
- A Logical Account for Linear Partial Differential Equations, 2018, LICS 2018 (conference). preprint
- Mackey-complete spaces and power series - A topological model of Differential Linear Logic, with Christine Tasson, 2018, Mathematical Structures in Computer Science (journal). preprint
- Weak topologies for Linear Logic, 2016, Logical Methods for Computer Science (journal). paper
- A popularization article on formal proofs and semantics in Blog Binaire .
- I defended my PhD thesis on October 19th 2018. You will find here the manuscript and the slides .
Typing differentiable programming
- ∂ is for Dialectica , Talk for Thomas Ehrhard 60's birhday, October 2023
- ∂ is for Dialectica , Invited talk to Wollic 2022, September 2022
- ∂ is for Dialectica , SEMINÁRIO DE LÓGICA MATEMÁTICA, Lisboa, Online, March 2022.
- ∂ is for Dialectica , Invited talk to the Chocola Seminar, Lyon, March 2022.
- ∂ is for Dialectica , Mathematical Foundations Seminar, Bath, Online, November 2021.
- ∂ is for Dialectica , TLLA 2021, Online Workshop, Invited Talk, June 2021.
- Typing differentiable programming , LoVe Team Seminar, LIPN, April 2021.
- Typing differentiable programming , Cosynus Team Seminar, LiX, Palaiseau, February 2020.
Distributions in Linear Logic, polarized models
- Differential Linear Logic extended to differential operators , Invited short talk to the Linear Logic Winter Schoool, CIRM, Marseille, January 2022.
- Higher-Order Distributions for Linear Logic , Invited talk to the Chocola Seminar , Lyon, November 2019.
- Higher-Order Distributions for Linear Logic , Contributed talk to FoSSacs 2019, Prague, April 2019.
- Differentiating proofs and programs , Invited talk at SYCO3, March 2019.
- A logical account for LPDEs , Higher Order Models of Differential Linear Logic, given at Bellairs Workshop in March 2019.
- A logical account for LPDEs , Seminar given at the LIX, Polytechnique, November 2018.
- A logical account for LPDEs , Contributed talk to LICS 2018, Oxford, JuLy 2018.
- A logic for LPDEs , Invited talk to a special session, Conference MFPS 2018, Halifax, Canada, June 2018.
- A Type Theory for Linear Partial Differential Equations , Poster for the Annual days of the GDR-IM, Ecole Polytechnique, April 2018.
- A Type Theory for Linear Partial Differential Equations, Antique team, ENS Ulm, Paris, March 2018.
- Smooth models of linear logic and Partial Differential Equations , Journées GEOCAL-LAC, Nantes, November 2017.
- Smooth models of linear logic and Partial Differential Equations , Seminar of the team LCR, LIPN Université Paris 13, November 2017.
- Smooth differential linear logic and Partial differentials equations , Trends in Linear Logic and Applications, Oxford, September 2017.
- Smooth models of Linear Logic : Towards a Type Theory for Linear Partial Differential Equations , Seminar Chocola, Lyon 2017, June.
- Towards a Type Theory for Linear Partial Differential Equations , PLS group, ITU Copenhagen, June 2017.
Models of LL based on the Schwartz epsilon product
- Models of LL based on the Schwartz epsilon product , Contributed talk to TLLA 2018, Oxford, JuLy 2018.
- Models of LL based on the epsilon product, an introduction to LL , joint work with Y. Dabrowski, séminaire de géométrie et physique mathématique, Paris Diderot, May 2018.
- Smooth models of linear logic , Seminar of the LIMD team, LAMA, Université Savoie Mont Blanc, Chambéry, December 2017.
- Smooth models of linear logic , Forum des jeunes mathématicien.ne.s, Nancy, 2017.
- Smooth models of Linear Logic based on the Schwartz' epsilon product , Second General Meeting of the GDRI-LL , Roma, October 2017.
- Smooth models of Differential Linear Logic , DIKU, Copenhagen, June 2017.
General introductory talks
- From functional analysis to functional programming, and back , Invited talk given at the Journées Nationales du Gdr-IM in Paris in April 2023.
- Computing Analysis through Logic , Invited tutorial to the workshop on Tangent Category and Applications, BIRS, Calgary, June 2021
- Computing Analysis through Logic , a poster prepared for prize-giving ceremony L'Oréal Unesco 2019.
- Differential Linear Logic , Doctoral course on the semantics of linear logic, Copenhagen, February 2016.
- Linearity and Differentiation,PhD' Student' Semainar, LIAFA and PPS, Paris, November 2013
- Logique Linéaire et Analyse fonctionnelle, 13th forum for young mathematicians, Lyon, November 2013.