Christine Choppy's visitors informations
Some informations for visitors
- What TIME is it in Paris ?
("horloge parlante" means "talking clock", from the number to call to listen
is it in cities of the world ?
When do we switch to
winter/summer time ?
to another place time ?
- one of the CURRENCY CONVERSION
sites, one for
- this is the
french WEATHER REPORT (4 days)
for France, then you may click on the area of interest, e.g.
A quite convenient norvegian (in english) weather web site (3 days) and
(provided by my daughter).
- Looking for a FLAT to RENT ?
look at this and
- How to find an ADDRESS, a PHONE NUMBER ?
white pages and
provide also local maps and itinerary
- TRANSPORTATION: GETTING AROUND in Paris and in France
- PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION (METRO/RER/ORLYVAL/BUS/LOCAL TRAINS: There are several web sites !!
The new Via Navigo site (mostly ;-)
in english) provides route maps, timetables etc,
another one is Transilien (also in spanish),
here the modified local train schedules
are provided there when there is a STRIKE (in french).
For reference, the RATP site.
- DRIVING: If you plan to DRIVE (which is quite brave in Paris ;-)) !),
gives you an online state of the Paris area traffic.
For France, you can get an
itinerary (if driving), the
- TRAINS: This is the (in english)
and this site provides information on
(same site in french )
- AIRPORTS: this is the
Paris AIRPORTS (english also)
site with airport access or
Transport en Ile de France
by public transportation
- RADIO and TV:
programs are available in daily newspapers of course and also
in weakly ones (e.g. "Telerama" coming out on Wednesdays)
France Musique and
provide online classical music
- Paris area ENTERTAINMENT
- Several newspapers (e.g. Pariscope coming out on Wednesdays)
provide infos on museums, concerts, movies etc.
- my MUSIC favorites (mostly classical),
look also for CONCERTS at
Cite de la Musique,
listen to Ensemble Vocal
- Even if you don't want to go to Opera Bastille or Garnier
you may see
a nice picture of Opera Garnier
- Some current exhibitions,
my favorite MUSEUMS,
the french museums general site
list of museums sites,
- CHARTRES, a wonderful cathedral
just 1 hour from Paris
- Grotte de la
Clamouse (area of Montpellier)
- my daughter's favorite
COOKING recipe site,
and this is to help you look for the
best macaron in Paris !!
- jokes to train your french ;-))
- there are several FNAC shops in Paris
and in France.
If you want to visit one and/or know whether you are
likely to find something (book, record/CD/DVD, camera, etc)
- about BOOKS ...