- My Research interests
- Mostly combinatorial problems from high-energy physics and a bit of statistical physics, and from low-dimensional topology and geometry on the mathematical side.
Combinatorial physics is one of the two axes of the CALIN team in LIPN!
- Combinatorial methods in quantum gravity
- Combinatorics of graphs, trees, maps and higher dimensional structures
- Random matrix models and random tensor models
- Topological gauge theories, quantum invariants of manifolds
- Spin networks and spin foam models
- Combinatorics of low-dimensional topology and geometry
- All preprints available here on the arxiv! You can find my Ph.D. manuscript, in French, here.
- I have had 20 co-authors, including 7 Master or Ph.D. students.
- More stats from the high energy physics database here!
- Recent preprints: the stuff I am excited about in these days!
- "Duality between Spin networks and the 2D Ising model,'' VB, Francesco Costantino and Etera R. Livine. arxiv:1504.02822
- "Enhancing non-melonic triangulations: A tensor model mixing melonic and planar maps,'' VB, Thibault Delepouve and Vincent Rivasseau. Accepted in Nucl. Phys. B. arxiv:1502.01365
- "Deformed phase space for 3d loop gravity and hyperbolic discrete geometries," VB, Maité Dupuis, Florian Girelli, Etera R. Livine. arXiv:1402.2323
- More accessible, introductory/survey articles
- "Tensor models from the viewpoint of matrix models: the case of loop models on random surfaces," VB and Frédéric Combes. Annales Henri Poincaré D 2, 1 (2015). arXiv:1304.4152
- "Random tensor models in the large N limit: Uncoloring the colored tensor models," VB, Razvan Gurau and Vincent Rivasseau. Phys. Rev. D 85, 084037 (2012). arXiv:1202.3637
- "Gauge symmetries in spinfoam gravity: the case for "cellular quantization"," VB and Matteo Smerlak. Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 241303 (2012). arXiv:1201.4996
- "Lessons from Toy-Models for the Dynamics of Loop Quantum Gravity," VB and Alok Laddha. SIGMA 8 (2012), 009. arXiv:1110.2157
- "Bubble divergences: sorting out topology from cell structure," VB and Matteo Smerlak. Annales Henri Poincaré 13 (2012) 185. arXiv:1103.3961
- Selected publications
- "The calculation of expectation values in Gaussian random tensor theory via meanders," VB and Frédéric Combes, Annales Henri Poincaré D 1, 443 (2015). arXiv:1310.3606
- "Critical behavior of colored tensor models in the large N limit," VB, Razvan Gurau, Aldo Riello and Vincent Rivasseau, Nucl. Phys. B 853, 174 (2011). arXiv:1105.3122
- "Dirac's discrete hypersurface deformation algebras," VB and Bianca Dittrich, Class. Quant. Grav. 30 (2013) 205013. arXiv:1304.5983
- "Bubble divergences from twisted cohomology," VB and Matteo Smerlak, Commun. Math. Phys. 312, 399 (2012). arXiv:1008.1476
- I am an Assistant Professor at IUT Saint-Denis, France, and a member of the Laboratoire d'Informatique de Paris Nord (LIPN) in the team Combinatoire, ALgorithmique et INteractions (CALIN). I was offered that position in 2013.
- Before that, I was a postdoctoral fellow at Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, from 2010 to 2013. I was supported by a MRI grant from the Government of Ontario. In 2013 I was a recipient of the Banting Fellowship, which I declined in favor of my present position.
Luca Lionni (M2 ENS Paris)
Frédéric Combes (M1 ENS Lyon)
Yechao Elton Zhu (Queens' college, Cambridge)
Harold Erbin (M2 ENS Paris)
Pierre Fleury (M1 ENS Lyon)