SynCoP aims at bringing together researchers working on verification and parameter synthesis for systems with discrete or continuous parameters, in which the parameters influence the behavior of the system in ways that are complex and difficult to predict. Such problems may arise for real-time, hybrid or probabilistic systems in a large variety of application domains. The parameters can be continuous (e.g., timing, probabilities, costs) or discrete (e.g., number of processes). The goal can be to identify suitable parameters to achieve desired behavior, or to verify the behavior for a given range of parameter values.
Topics of the workshop
The scientific subject of the workshop covers (but is not limited to) the following areas:
- parameter synthesis,
- parametric model checking,
- regular model checking,
- robustness analysis,
- parametric logics, decidability and complexity issues,
- formalisms such as parametric timed and hybrid automata, parametric time(d) Petri nets, parametric probabilistic (timed) automata, parametric Markov Decision Processes, networks of identical processes,
- interactions between discrete and continuous parameters,
- tools and applications to major areas of computer science, biology and control engineering.
The workshop will take place on Sunday 3rd April 2016 in room CZ15 in the Auditorium, Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
Additional information can be found on the ETAPS workshops page.
The workshop is partially supported by French project ANR PACS (Parametric analyses of concurrent systems).