SynCoP aims at bringing together researchers working on verification and parameter synthesis for systems with discrete or continuous parameters, in which the parameters influence the behavior of the system in ways that are complex and difficult to predict. Such problems may arise for real-time, hybrid or probabilistic systems in a large variety of application domains. The parameters can be continuous (e.g., timing, probabilities, costs) or discrete (e.g., number of processes). The goal can be to identify suitable parameters to achieve desired behavior, or to verify the behavior for a given range of parameter values.
Topics of the workshop
The scientific subject of the workshop covers (but is not limited to) the following areas:
- parameter synthesis,
- parametric model checking,
- regular model checking,
- robustness analysis,
- parametric logics, decidability and complexity issues,
- formalisms such as parametric timed and hybrid automata, parametric time(d) Petri nets, parametric probabilistic (timed) automata, parametric Markov Decision Processes, networks of identical processes,
- interactions between discrete and continuous parameters,
- applications to major areas of computer science and control engineering.
SynCoP 2015 is a satellite of the ETAPS 2015 conference taking place in London, UK.
The workshop may be able to (at least partially) support the travel and the ETAPS workshop registration fees for one or two PhD or Master student(s).
The workshop is partially supported by ANR PACS and Université Paris 13.